Dedicated to disseminating news & information not found in mainstream media....
Third Interfaith Council meeting details:
September 29, 2016, Thursday
4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
More Pictures: Click Link Below...
54 secs ago - Tour Of Islamic Center Of North Fulton...Interfaith Council Meeting ... Third Interfaith Council Meeting...Islamic Center Of North Fulton
Islamic Center of North Fulton
1265 Rucker Road
Alpharetta , GA - 30009
Complimentary parking at the building parking lot.
4:30 –– Networking & registration
5:00 pm – Welcome & introductions
5:10 pm – Presentation by the Islamic Center of North Fulton
5:20 pm –Current State: Where We Are Now
· Individual assessment of goals, strengths, skills, partnerships
· Group work: organizational SWOT
Future State: Where We Want to Be
· Council charter development
· Roles, any concerns not addressed
· Activities through the council
Finalized mission, goals, objectives and activities
7:00 pm - Tour of the building & dinner served by the Islamic Center of North Fulton.
On behalf of the Chairman, thank you for participating at the second interfaith council meeting at the Atlanta Bahá'í Center. We thank the Atlanta Bahá'í Center for taking time out of their busy schedule to host us. We had around fifty participants and we discussed the collective impact strategy and how we can all work towards a common shared goal.
Asking the tough questions
As Derrick Pope facilitated the session on meaningful strategies, we shared perspectives that surround the interfaith/multicultural understanding and the answers to the tough questions that would be best addressed through a unified, cooperative and a collaborative effort.
What is your obligation when violence is carried out in the name of religion?
With your followers in front of you, how to express the outrage (with hostility or embrace)
Where this is speaking, some points of view are not heard?
Could you (the faith community) do a better job speaking to the socio-economic conditions that
exploited by some that lead to acts of violence?
There is a place where the long-ignored socio-economic conditions is showing up- in our judicial system.
Our special presentation was from Ché Alexander, Chief of Courts Bureau. We thank Cathelene “Tina” Robinson, Clerk of Superior Court for her presence at the meeting. Take home message from the presentation : If a person has been arrested and when a charge is dismissed or otherwise closed without conviction, a defendant may qualify for a record restriction (expungement). Attend the preregistration event on Sep 15 & the summit on Oct 1.(flyer attached)
1. How to expunge / restrict records presentation
2. Expungement/ record restrictions preregistration flyer
3. Collective Impact presentation
4. Tough questions to answer
5. Cultural threads flyer
6. SGI extends invite to “Celebration of Peace” exhibit
7. Meeting minutes summary attached. Below is the link to the meeting audio in drop box.
We also heard from
· Judy Marx about the Immersion Program which offers participants to attend and participate in various worship practices.
· Shelley Rose with a policy change initiative. http://atlanta.adl.org/
· Lionell Thomas, Director, Fulton County Arts and Culture suggested cultural threads, a celebration of diversity (please see attached the flyer)
Thanks to Bart Shull from the Atlanta Bahá'í Center for sharing the following links which was shared at the meeting.
Letter to the World's Religious Leaders:
U.S. Bahá'í Statement on Racism by the Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States:
Bahá'í International website: http://www.bahai.org/
We will keep you posted on the schedule and the location for the next meeting in September. We hope you will take time to share the information with your colleagues, families, friends and your religious institutions who were not able to join us at this session.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
Nazeera Dawood MBBS, MPH, CCRC
Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations
Office of the Chairman, Board of Commissioners
141 Pryor Street, Suite 10034
Atlanta, GA 30030
Phone : 404 612 8238
Mobile: 404 759 8054
Efax : 404 893 6360