All praise and thanks belong to God, the Lord of the Worlds,
May peace and prayers be upon Prophet Muhammad.
We hope you that you and yours are, God willing, safe during these turbulent times in our region.
We are writing to you today about the ongoing massacre that our Rohingya brothers and sisters are facing in Myanmar. The United Nations has officially described the violence against the Rohingya, the world's most persecuted minority, as ethnic cleansing.
Unfortunately, the Trump Administration, de facto Burmese leader Aung Saan Su Kyi, and others have not intervened to end the violence.
We must, therefore, raise our own voices loudly and clearly here in Atlanta. Join us this Saturday from 3 PM to 5 PM outside the Centennial Olympic Park to bring attention to this issue. We will, God willing:
- Condemn, expose, and demand an end to Burma's campaign of ethnic cleansing
- Call on Senators Perdue and Isaakson to push for the re-imposition of sanctions on the Burmese regime
- Call on CNN and other media outlets to cover and expose the ongoing violence
- Encourage Georgians to support Burmese refugees and immigrants living in our state
- Demand that Atlanta's Israeli consulate press Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu to stop sending military equipment to the Burmese regime
Every Georgian of every faith should join this demonstration. If we do not unite to stop this violence, Burma may join Rwanada and Bosnia in the history of genocides the world failed to stop.