Dedicated to disseminating news & information not found in mainstream media....
Ibn al-Qayyim writes, "Ten are the matters that bring about destruction, and have no benefit:
1) Knowledge that is not acted upon
2) Action without sincerity, or following the Sunnah
3) Money that is not spent properly [for the sake of Allah and in accordance with His Shariah]
4) A heart that is empty of Allah's love, and a desire to meet Him
5) A body that is not busied with His worship and service
6) Love that is not restricted by the pleasure of Allah and obeying Him
7) Time that is wasted, and not used to make up for sins or accumulate righteous deeds
8) Thoughts that wander in areas that are of no value
9) Being in the service of one whose service will not bring you closer to Allah, or [at least] benefit your sustenance in this world
10) Placing your hope, or fear, in a being who himself is utterly dependent on Allah and like a prisoner in His grasp - someone who cannot help himself, much less you, with any pleasure or pain or life or death.
And the worst of all of these, and the basis of them all, are two: the wastage of the heart, and the wastage of time. The heart is wasted when it prefers this world over the next, and time is wasted in yearning for that which has no true benefit."